Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

call the nightingale [C]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2505

call the nightingale [C] Empty
PostSubject: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 18:16

"Left foot in the dark 'cause I'm sunnyside up!"
Fish
T1 Rogue | Rogue | he/him

Fish had enough of dreary, hunched stones. They made everything around him seem drab and dull and colorless. The cold landscape and unforgiving snows didn't help, but at least the snow was pretty when the sunlight struck it right. He couldn't handle it anymore, sleeplessly staring at the slow-rising sun. Restlessness nipped at his pads. There was so much more out there.

And he was going to find it.

Mind made up, Fish unfurled himself from slouching and scurried off without announcement. He was going to go... somewhere! Go somewhere, find something, do something. Fish didn't know what the what to any of those suggestions was, but he was confident something lay in the beyond for him to discover. He set out at an eager clip, moving in the straightest line he could and frequently looking over his shoulder to make sure camp remained in sight. These outreaches of land weren't quite familiar under his paws, but he didn't feel as afraid of moving over them as he did the first time. He walked this direction a lot, when he went on his excursions; sometimes, it felt like he was being pulled this way. He was confident that whatever he was meant for, it was wherever there was.

Approaching the black strip of road made his paws draw up short. It was the only reason he knew which direction he was going, and the only reason he never dared to go farther. The stark border between known and unrecognizable lay before him. Unlike with Grub's inheritance of them, Fish had a choice in crossing this line. And... the thought of setting paw on it frightened him. He remembered how it felt when they crossed it the first time, coming out of the neighborhood: hard and cold under his paws, reeking so badly it made his growing fur stand on end, massive cars occasionally rumbling along. Fish could hear them, even from camp. The path, it... it scared him. Standing in front of it forced him to swallow uncomfortably, looking between the road and the dark patch of land beyond.

He was afraid, Fish couldn't deny that to himself. But he was so, so curious... Fish swallowed again, sucked in a deep breath, then bolted across the quiet road as fast as he could. He stumbled coming off it, edges of his toes catching on the lip into the snow, and the moment sent a bolt of fear through him. He rolled into the powder before he could catch himself, tumbling down the small slope until he rolled into an upright slouch. Fish took a moment to grumble before picking himself up and shaking the snow off his now-frigid pelt. When he looked over his shoulder, he could clearly see the trail of his messy descent; and when he scrambled through his own path to peer over the road again, he could see his pawprints laid out in the snow on the otherside, even though the outcroppings were foggy now.

"Good enough," he decided, turning back around to slide back down the snow. Despite the soft blanket covering the true earth underneath, Fish could feel the shift in the ground beneath his paws: the snow get less steady, and where it was laid thinner, he felt mud when his paw pressed down. "Gross." He marveled the first time, tail snapping once before he marched on.Just where was he? Thin, dying trees were beginning to crop up the farther along he walked; and farther, farther, they turned into real trees, boughs full. Fish couldn't help but slow to marvel at the sight, even though his paws were sinking into the sticky mud. He'd never seen anything like it before. Whatever this land was, it was pretty. Even though it smelled awful. Here, deep in the trees, it reeked of... was that other cats? Fish wasn't sure, but in some strange way, the scent reminded him of the Crew's. The bitter wind only made the scent stronger--fresh markers, or an active presence?

Jerking his paws out of the mud with a grumble of discontent, Fish trotted on. "He-llloooo?" He called out, head tilting this way and that. "Is anyone out there?" Could he hear the mud squelching under a different set of paws? He stopped in place to assess, and indeed, he could. Walking all disjointedly, or-- was it just a lot of paws...? It was hard to tell. Fish shook his head. The fight between interest and hesitance burning down his spine grew stronger. Despite the latter, Fish let the former win, as he often did. "Heeeeee-llloo? I can hear you." He called again, turning to look vaguely toward the approaching sounds.
profile | playlist | discord: downfive | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#1678C1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 15:55; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15100

PostSubject: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 18:16

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Invasion Dice' :
call the nightingale [C] Failuredice

call the nightingale [C] Mistpe10
call the nightingale [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 18:40

It was late. Late, late. The sun had started to rise already, turning the previously velvet black sky into a near-gray whitish color, signifying the slow creep of colors across the territories. Hedgepaw couldn't stop yawning as she stumbled along the newly-fallen snowdrifts, bobbing in and out of muddy pitfalls. It was just a border patrol; after this she could go back to the apprentice's den and sleep. But it had already been such a long day--training with Quillsplash, hunting, bothering her brothers during every spare moment. She forgot even now who she'd been assigned this patrol with. It was all she could do to stay awake, keep her bleary eyes focused on the path in front of her. One white paw after the other. Step... step... step.... Squelching steps in the mud. Exhausted, she nearly stumbled and halted to a brief stop. But--the sound of steps didn't go away. Weird. Was she imagining things? She went back to walking, but now the echoing noises were a bit out of sync.

It was hard to shake off the lingering sleepiness, but even a cat less smart than Fernpaw could feel that something was wrong. Something was off. Her ears swiveled around, trying to gauge where the noise was coming from. Fear crept in beneath her veins. And then--a voice.

"He-llloooo?"

It was coming from nearby. From behind. A young voice, but still one she didn't recognize--and a strange scent on the wind. One she'd never smelled before. It seemed more like Carrionplace like anything, but not like that either. Who was it?! Panic finally seized her, waking her up almost completely from her tired wanderings, and she dashed behind the nearest tree. A thick pine trunk would keep her sheltered, she hoped. With her dark fur and white paws, she might blend in completely with the muddy snow. But... Who was it? Why was he calling out like that? Was he looking for... someone in particular? Curiosity somehow got the better of her. Timidly, she peeked around the base of the pine. Brilliant, glimmering green eyes popped out among the dark shades and shadows of the territory, searching for the intruder. There--! But... he was so small. About her size, even, if not the smallest bit larger. Still, the second his eyes met hers, she let out a squeak of fright and pulled her head behind the tree again. Her heart was pounding. What if this was a bad cat, like what big brother Silverhawk warned her about? He was so small, though... he couldn't be bad, could he? He looked her age. Maybe he was an apprentice from another Clan. Maybe he was lost, cold, scared. Even more tentatively, but with an inquisitive blink, the green eyes peeked out once more. "Wh-who... Who are you?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 11:46

Pineblossom

Pineblossom had accompanied her daughter on this last patrol. She could tell that Hedgepaw was exhausted and she made a mental note to tell Hedgepaw that she didn’t have to say yes to every thing that someone requested of her…but perhaps she had learned that lesson today given how much she was yawning and half-stumbling about. Things were always quiet at dawn, and so Pineblossom didn’t think anything would happen to her sleepy daughter anyway…Until she heard a voice.

She saw Hedgepaw scamper to a tree for cover and Pineblossom headed out to be the thing of interest to whatever rogue had decided to set foot on their territory. When she saw the cat in question, however, she paused and tilted her head. This cat looked like a child. Were he a clan cat, he would still not be allowed out of the nursery.

“This is not your land, rogue,” Pineblossom said to the kit. He smelled nothing of the other clans, and so she knew that he was an outsider from their traditions. She tilted her head. “Just where are your parents?”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit [F]oxkit [Fa]lconkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit [F] Unborn SkyClan Kit [Fa] Unborn WindClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 13:36

Fish

He'd been off in guessing the exact direction those pawsteps came from, but Fish was close enough to facing the right way that movement in his periphery caught his attention. The little cat hiding in the shadows would've escaped his notice if it weren't for her shockingly green eyes and squeak of fright. A little giggle broke through Fish's teeth. He could see her clearly, now that he knew where to look: dark as the muddy world that held her, but a whole lot prettier than plain old mud. Little white paws, and she was only about as big as him! He could make a friend of her, Fish was sure of it. ...If he could get her to come out of hiding, at least. What'd he do to scare her so bad, anyway? Well, it didn't matter. He had a question to answer. Fish got his mouth half-open and his tail half-raised before he was interrupted by the appearance of a much bigger cat.

Fish blinked at her, just once. She looked just like little-cat, if more white. She spoke plainly, too; none of that annoying kit-talk. He liked her already. "My name's not rogue. You sound like my mom-- she only ever called me kitten. And I'm not even a rogue, anyway! I'm part of the Crew." Fish broke into a grin so wide it split his face, forcing his sparkling eyes almost wholly shut. "Am I trespassing? Is this Clan territory? You're Clan cats, aren't you?" His tail trembled with excitement. Did he really run into Clan cats by accident?! What a delight! How lucky could he get? "Then I guess I am a rogue to you, right? Don't Clan cats call every outsider a 'dirty rogue?'" There was a surety to his voice like there could be no possible answer except yes, but the lilt of a question was still present in his voice. "Are you her mother? You look just like her. Are Clan kits allowed to wander without their parents? I'm not really supposed to, but I couldn't just stay there." He had a thousand more rapidfire questions to ask... but he had some to answer, too. He had questions to answer! Not just ask!

"I don't know where my mom is--some house somewhere. Pop rescued us out of a box after she abandoned us and I don't know where her house was." He shrugged. It made his paws hurt to tell them about, which was... strange. That'd never happened before. Fish's squint flashed into something sharper before his expression brightened again. He started to turn, tail flicking to gesture as he mewed, "Pop and all my siblings and the rest of the Crew are--" but Fish found himself stopping short. His pawprints in the snow-mud had gotten twisted together by all his turning, and he didn't know what trail of prints were his anymore. His ears flattened against his head and his heart leapt into his throat. Fish swallowed hard around it and turned back around. "I- don't know where they are anymore. They're across the road." His voice wavered a bit with that answer. He tried so hard not to get lost... maybe he could convince these two to take him back, when they were done with him. "But don't worry! Pop probably isn't worried, and I'm not worried." His head tilted down, looking towards the little she-cat peering curiously at him from her protective tree. Blinking warmly, he finally answered, "My name's Fish. That's a good introduction, right? Right, and that means it's your turn to share. Who are you? Both of you?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#1678C1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 15:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 15:42

Rogue? It was a word Hedgepaw had only heard on occasion before. It meant... cats who didn't live in the Clans, right? Or was she mistaking it with the word that meant mean cats who hated the Clans? Was he more like Cherish, who was weird but kind? Curiously, she blinked at the small mottled tom again, meeting his eyes as he took notice of her... And, Pineblossom took notice of him. Her Mamma wasn't mad, though. And since she wasn't, that was a good sign. Still, Hedgepaw stayed behind the tree for now, liking the cover and feeling of safety it gave her. Nothing bad would probably happen. But, nothing bad would for sure happen if she stayed here. So instead she kept half-peeking out, eyes fixed on the "rogue" as he spoke.

And boy, did he speak. He spoke a lot. His words were so fast and dizzying that Hedgepaw had difficulty keeping up with them for a moment, even though she herself sometimes lost track of her own curiosity. But, he didn't seem mean or nasty. He seemed happy about meeting them. Something he said did catch her ear, though. "Are Clan kits allowed to wander without their parents?" That made her let out a quiet squeak of indignation. She wasn't a kit. The same way that he, apparently, wasn't a "rogue," but a... Crew? What did that even mean? It sounded similar to the word "Clan" but he couldn't have been from around here if he was talking about Clan cats as if they were some kind of myth to be told before bed. She peeked out further, her entire head now visible, only her body sheltered behind the pine trunk. "I'm not a kit," she said in protest. "I'm an apprentice. That's different. I'm big--well... I'm not big yet. But I'm gonna be someday. I'm gonna get real big and strong like my brothers and my Mamma." Though she was somewhat offended by his misjudgement, she supposed it was okay since he apparently didn't know much. He was about her size, so he had to be young, too.

Finally, the tom gave his name. "Fish...?" she echoed, tilting her head. What an odd name. Not Fishkit or Fishpaw, just... Fish. "That's what RiverClan eats, isn't it, Mamma?" Hedgepaw turned to Pineblossom briefly, moving even further from the protective base of the tree. "But he's not RiverClan." Fish turned to her next, though, which almost made her retreat again... but he did look nice. He seemed all right, and if Mamma wasn't worried, then she didn't have to be either, right? Cautiously, slowly, she stepped further away from the tree. Her tail was the only thing behind it now, brushing gently against the tree bark as if to reassure her that she could retreat if need be. "I'm Hedgepaw," she told him. "What kind of a name is Fish? Did you pick it yourself? Have you ever seen one before?" Her green eyes, now less afraid and more inquisitive, blinked slowly in response to his questions. "I'm an apprentice of ShadowClan. Are you lost? Do you wanna come home with us instead?" She knew that she wouldn't wanna be lost in the cold and the snow like this. All exhaustion forgotten, Hedgepaw looked again at her mother, allowing the light of pleading to enter her gaze like she was asking to play hide-and-seek or get one more mouse from the fresh-kill pile. "Can we, Mamma? Can he stay with us? He said he got 'bandoned."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 18:17

Pineblossom

Pineblossom stared at the little rogue, blinking periodically as he spoke. He certainly did not hold himself like a typical rogue, but that could just be due to his age…He did seem rather excited to be in Clan territory, and not for any seemingly malicious reasons. The more he spoke, the more confused and—somewhat—alarmed she grew as well. It sounded like Fish had been stolen from somewhere. Twolegplace maybe, from the sound of ‘house.’ Pineblossom had been told stories as a kit about rogues who stole away kits, but she didn’t think they were true.

She looked at her daughter, who suddenly seemed much chattier than she had been moments ago. Her gaze returned to Fish and she grimaced. “Well, it does sound like he has a place to return to…Although. Are you certain that it is a safe place?” She addressed Fish with that last question. He was so young, and to be wandering out on his own—especially crossing the Thunderpath from the sound of things! Pineblossom felt those familiar maternal instincts yanking in her chest.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 17:46

Fish

Something he'd said earned a squeak from behind the tree. Between words, Fish spared a glance toward the head peeking curiously at him. He wondered if this was how he got her to come out of hiding-- pressing hidden buttons--and there her small voice came, quick to contest him. Fish wasn't expecting indignation to come from the little Clan cat, but it felt strangely rewarding to hear. Not like real, line-crossing upset; she just spoke with conviction. His whiskers twitched, only offering amusement to appease her affront. When Fish looked again, letting his eyes linger now as he gave his name, he was surprised to see she'd almost wholly left the cover of her tree. She nearly retreated but stayed her paws. A sense of pride thrummed warm through Fish's blood.

Though not in the same racing manner as he spoke, defending herself seemed to embolden the apprentice. She asked several questions of him, and Fish couldn't stop his tail from swishing with delight.  "Whadda you know," he purred cheekily, "she speaks. And she's got legs." It felt so nice to have questions asked, rather than just prattling them off forever; it was even better to have at least some of his own questions answered rather than brushed off, or given half-answers, or nonsensical answers. She--Hedge Paw--was actually engaging with him.

Some of her questions made his fur feel just a bit chillier though, and it ruffled appropriately in response. He didn't want to admit directly to being lost; he didn't want to go home with them, either! Although, the simple fact that she wanted to take him was tempting... Fish shook his head against his own thoughts. He had a home! And if he went about with Clan cats, Grub and Ajex were sure to have his ears for it. Or Hedge Paw's ears, and Fish didn't want that for her. Shaking himself out again, he followed Hedge Paw's pleading eyes up to her mother. The grimace that was resting on him made him blink several times with fuzzy surprise.

"Well, yeah," Fish answered quickly. Of course it was safe--it was his home. But the question combined with the wrinkled expression made his stomach knot uncomfortably. He didn't like the odd taste of doubt lingering as an aftertaste to his response. Still, Fish winked and chirped, "Safe as Clan life, right? We've got predators 'n' enemy cats just like you," mostly to convince himself. "I mean--Pop wouldn't bring us there if it wasn't safe, right?" Still, he doubted. Grub didn't seem as concerned with their safety as he ought to be, but he kept them fed and sheltered. Entertained the lot of them far more than Ma, anyway. Fish shrugged and looked to Hedge Paw again. Playfully sticking out his tongue, he said, "Shadow Clan can't have me. I gotta go back to my own camp."

...somehow. Fish's brow furrowed. "I think I am lost, though," he muttered. There was an ever-so-slight edge of bitterness to his mew there. "I can get back s' long as one of you knows where the road is. We can see the Crew's camp from there." Fish plucked his paws out of the mud and padded to the pair, heedless of any unspoken boundary he may cross. Looking up at Hedge Paw's mother, he sighed out, "I'd ask you, but I didn't hear a name for me to ask." His ear twitched with amusement and Fish quickly swung his shining eyes back to Hedge Paw's, noticing, for the first time, the glimmer in her own brilliant green eyes. His smirk had dimmed, but it returned in force now. "So, Hedge Paw," Fish purred, "you can be the one to help me get home, alright?"
profile | playlist | discord: downfive  | timezone: est | code (c) kieer

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#1678C1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:16

When Fish's eyes turned to look at her again, Hedgepaw felt the impulse to run back to the safe cover of her pine tree. She didn't, though. She stayed put, even though his eyes--green like hers--met her directly. But he was her age--younger than her, even! So she shouldn't be scared, right? And Mamma wasn't scared. One more glance up at Pineblossom's face, more worried than wary, made her a little bit more bold in the absence of fear. "I wasn't gonna talk if you were dangerous," she explained petulantly. Something about the way he was speaking made her feel like he was making a joke at her expense. "You don't hafta come, I just thought you were lost. It can't be that fun outside the Clans, though, can it? ShadowClan is so pretty and so nice and I have so many friends. Not having a Mamma sounds lonely." It seemed like Pineblossom didn't really want to take him in, though, so she acquiesced. "I guess you c'n go. But rogues aren't s'posed to come on Clan territory, by the way. If you met somebody mean they might've bitten you. Or a predator could've eaten you. There's scary stuff in the woods that wants to eat you, y'know."

He was almost as little as her. It was silly to be wandering alone. Hedgepaw didn't quite understand; if he had a Pop--assuming that meant dad--and siblings, then why didn't they come with him? Why would he want to live in a place that wasn't a nice Clan camp, with soft moss nests and friends all around him? This was probably one of the things that she wasn't old enough to understand. If Fernpaw was here, he could explain it to her. She tilted her head and mirrored his pose when he thought, the tip of her small brown tail twitching. But her train of thought was interrupted by Fish when he spoke again. Wow, his eyes were really bright. "Uh..." She blinked at him for a few moments. "What's a 'road?'" she said eventually, glancing between his eager grin and Pineblossom's sturdiness. "Do you mean the Thunderpath? 'Cause Mamma says it's too dangerous for me to go on it. But I know what direction it is. I know all the borders 'cause Quillsplash taught me where they all are so I don't get lost." She couldn't keep her ears from swiveling in a confused mixture of gladness to be included, and anxiety at a situation she was unfamiliar with. "I... I dunno. I have to ask Mamma." Hedgepaw turned again to look at her mother. There was little need to relay the actual question, since they'd both been here for the entire exchange. Instead, she studied Pineblossom's face, trying to see if by gauging emotions she could understand more about this whole situation. "He says he needs help."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 21:18

Pineblossom

When Fish asked Hedgepaw to help him back home across the Thunderpath of all places, Pineblossom felt a twitch in her face. She kept her expression schooled while Hedgpaw and Fish spoke and she only spoke herself when Hedgepaw turned back to her. Pineblossom sighed and shook her head. “I will not allow you to cross that place alone…Fish. But Hedgpaw is certainly not crossing it herself. It is a very dangerous place.” She grimaced. The Thunderpath was not far but she didn’t want to leave Hedgepaw alone. Fish seemed like an innocent little kit, so unlike rogues she knew, but a rogue was still a rogue; and thus she could not wholly rule out this being a trick of sorts. To her daughter she said, “Come, Hedgepaw. You won’t cross the path but you will wait in the shrubs until I return.”

She guided them off back towards the Thunderpath and kept her eyes on Fish as they did. He was so small, but he didn’t look neglected exactly. He knew some things. She just hoped that this Pops, whoever he was, actually did take good care of Fish.

When they arrived at the Thunderpath she said, “I will carry you. It’s a miracle you crossed safely at all the first time.” Pineblossom looked at Hedgepaw and said quite seriously, “Do not cross after me. No matter if something happens. I can handle myself. If anything does happen, you are to run straight to camp and let Leopardstar know.” A beat passed and she added, “But nothing will. Just stay here.”

Stars forbid she got run over by a monster trying to get this kit home.

Pineblossom leaned down and picked Fish up by his scruff. “Ready?” she asked through closed teeth.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: call the nightingale [C]   call the nightingale [C] EmptySat 13 Apr 2024 - 8:33

Fish

"Dangerous?" Fish echoed with humor and disbelief. Did he look dangerous? Of course he didn't! Patches of his coat were still scruffy with kitten down. The Clan hatred of rogues wasn't just disdain; they must have received the same lectures Ajex gave about them. Vile threats that kill on sight--a statement that could be made true about anyone, so long as you painted them as an enemy. But he wasn't a threat to the Clan cats, just small and curious and lost. And they'd been nice to him! Fish squinted. Underneath the warm feeling tingling all throughout his limbs, he felt a little sour about that. Why spin the lie that all of them, each and every one on either side, were as mindlessly ruthless as dogs? Maybe Ajex and the others just never had experience's like this. Fish had the feeling they wouldn't listen if he told them about this living proof, though. "Well, I'm not," he assured after only a beat.

Fish tried not to feel the twinge that stirred, accompanying the sourness, when Hedge Paw spoke of friends and mothers. He didn't like thinking about Magnolia or her housefolk and how easy it was to be given up. It made him feel small, sad; not quite right. And he'd never given it much thought before, but it dawned on him then that he didn't have friends. He had siblings and guardians and, on occasion, a passer-by to bother. But not friends. And that was--quite suddenly--quite lonely. He didn't like that feeling, either.

While they began to walk to the road (the Thunderpath, they called it--Clan cats sure had strange words!), Fish continued talking. "It's not that bad. I have my siblings and a couple of big cats like her to look after me. It's not lonely." There he went, convincing himself again. "And I know I'm not allowed. But you're not mean, and you didn't bite me. Neither did she. I can get attacked and bitten anywhere I go, by cats or predators. Right?" Fish shrugged and grinned again. "So why's it matter where I am if I'm not doing anything wrong? I just wanna explore 'n' learn."

It wasn't long before the familiar acrid stench of the road caught on the air; even quicker after that, it came into view. Fish swiveled away from Hedge Paw and blinked in surprise. "Wow," he trilled quietly. He looked up, blinking at the golden eyes which had been subtly lingering on him. One day he'd get a hang of this whole... knowing his way around thing. For now, though-- he was getting carried across the road? Just to cross the road? Grub didn't even carry them on their trip around the world! Fish thought his paws still ached from that, sometimes. The gesture put stars in his eyes, blinking up at the dark-furred she-cat.

"Alright!" He cheered, bouncing a half-step closer. But, the moment Pineblossom leaned down for him, he scrambled back with a hurried, "Wait!" He darted over to the shrubs where Hedge Paw hid, sliding to a halt right in front of her. "We're friends now, right? Don't forget about me! I'll have lots of questions next time we see each other, like what her name is because she never told me and who Quill Splash is and what the Shadow Clan is really like and all of that. Bye now!" Quick and brusque, Fish bapped his nose against hers as if to seal their decided friendship. Then he scurried back over to sit right down at the warrior's forepaws, craning his head back to look up at her. "Alright, now I'm ready."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior