Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Call you up and demand you have no fun without me [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

Call you up and demand you have no fun without me [c]  Empty
PostSubject: Call you up and demand you have no fun without me [c]    Call you up and demand you have no fun without me [c]  EmptyFri 3 May 2024 - 17:59

OOC: Set directly after the April gathering

HawkmistShadowclan Territory

The walk back from Fourtrees had Hawkmist’s mind racing. Whatever emotions he’d managed to suppress for the sake of not causing a public spectacle were rapidly flooding him again, leaving his head spinning and his pelt crawling. Anger, frustration, confusion, and worst of all, an all consuming, overwhelming sense of jealousy. It was burning in his stomach, filling his mouth with bile.

He kept glancing at Silverhawk at his side, trying to no avail to claw answers out of the tom through his gaze alone. Sorting through his emotions was difficult enough at the best of times, but he realized that it wasn’t just that Silverhawk had a close friend in another clan that he never mentioned to Hawkmist, nor was it the way that Bubblebeam looked at Silverhawk as though he hung the stars in the sky (although those were both contributing to the hurricane in Hawkmist’s head), but slowly Hawkmist realized that the idea of anyone, Shadowclan or otherwise, looking at Silverhawk-- no, worse, the idea of Silverhawk looking at anyone else the way he looked at, the way he spoke to Bubblebeam-- it was flirtatious. It wasn’t like he hadn’t seen Silverhawk flirt before, and it angered him then too, but that, what happened the moment Silverhawk laid eyes on that beautiful gray fur, that ran deeper. Hawkmist’s teeth ground together. The idea of that made him want to claw Silverhawk to shreds himself.

He didn’t want to understand why the idea of Silverhawk flirting with other cats bothered him as much as it did. He didn’t want to know why he felt betrayed over Silverhawk being close with someone else. There was a deep, shameful anxiety that was churning amidst everything else, the idea of being left behind. Of being replaced. And why wouldn’t he be? Hawkmist was not special, not like Silverhawk was, not like Bubblebeam was. He was snappish, short-tempered and unpleasant to be around. He knew all of that, and still he knew that he’d sooner die than relinquish his place in Silverhawk’s life. For the idea of losing him felt like a fate worse than death.

Hawkmist slowed his steps. Silverhawk, at the very least, seemed to know what Hawkmist was doing, and matched his pace. Hawkmist waited until the two of them were at the very back of the crowd returning to camp, and then he flicked his tail over Silverhawk’s shoulder and abruptly changed course with the expectation of being followed. He marched off into the marsh, and for a moment he was afraid he would be left alone; but a heartbeat after that fear nearly made him turn his head to check, he heard familiar pawsteps following his path.

Once Hawkmist was certain they were alone, he stopped just as abruptly as he started and whirled on Silverhawk. “Explain.” He spat out, a single world laced with a growl, golden eyes blazing. He couldn’t even vocalize what it was he was demanding out of Silverhawk; some of it, he was certain, was too shameful to ever ask for out loud. His muscles were bunched up tight again, and with no audience near them, he knew that this time he would not hesitate to act on the urge to attack.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2545

Call you up and demand you have no fun without me [c]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call you up and demand you have no fun without me [c]    Call you up and demand you have no fun without me [c]  EmptyWed 15 May 2024 - 14:02

SILVERHAWK
The darker the weather...
What did Pineblossom know? Not a thing, Silverhawk thought ruefully. He wanted to march right up to her and tell her as much. What did she know about love or courtship or anything of the sort? “Talk to them about it,” she suggested, as if it was that simple. Silverhawk kept scoffing under his breath the entire walk home. Talk to them about it. How was he meant to talk about it when the grand idea of introducing them to each other had gone so horribly? Silverhawk could not really imagine confessing his recently named-- love for Hawkmist, but there would certainly be no point in it now. Hawkmist would not believe him. He would probably just think Silverhawk was toying with him and leave yet more scars in retaliation. Though he would probably stop putting up with Silverhawk before he became brave enough to attempt any sort of confession. This would surely be the final blow in a series of slights that would drive Hawkmist away from him, only partially by design. And then there was Bubblebeam to worry about, too, who he could not predict the reaction of and so only imagined the worst. She, too, would tire of his double-crossing and find better ways to entertain herself. Like Hawkmist. They would fit perfectly together.

Silverhawk’s stomach coiled and coiled and coiled. No amount of concentrated thought or swallowing back would quell the way his stomach turned. The night had been a disaster and he was sick of it. He just wanted to be back at camp, back in his nest, but even that would not bring relief. He would just be too close to Hawkmist there, and made sick with his warring dependency and frustration. He was too close to Hawkmist now. Silverhawk wanted to escape the burning eyes that kept sliding toward him, the glint of white in the corner of his eyes which he kept so stubbornly forward. Still-- still, however badly he wished to be away, his steps slowed when Hawkmist’s did. Silverhawk could not separate himself from the other tom without feeling a physical ache in his chest. So he watched the rest of the Gathering party walk on around them, tail waving slowly back and forth. But it wasn’t good enough just to let the rest of the patrol pass; no, they had to go elsewhere. Hawkmist’s tail against his shoulder sent a current of flame through Silverhawk’s veins. Obedient as ever, he followed.

Silverhawk still would not look at him directly. His eyes drifted up toward the hazy, dawn-lit sky as Hawkmist whirled around and barked. He wore an expression like boredom, expertly masking the torrent that welled inside him. I don’t owe you an explanation, he wanted to snap. He also wanted to say, Don’t be like that, I think I love you, but none of those words came out. He just stared silently skyward until even the rising sun became a boring sight to him. At that point, Silverhawk sighed and finally, finally bent his head to regard Hawkmist. His eyes flicked back and forth, assessing every bunched muscle, before meeting the yellow stare burning through him.

”Explain what?” Silverhawk sniffed. He wanted to shred his own ears for the behavior. ”She’s a good friend of mine. Are you going to beat me for daring to have friends now?” His tail swept back and forth with agitation. He wanted to turn and bolt, or spring at Hawkmist before the other warrior got the chance. He remained still instead. ”Get the burrs out of your fur, Pigeon. I don’t need to tell you about every second of my nights.”
...the better the man.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • he/him • #845D56
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6